TRADING THE IMPORTANT FOR THE IMMEDIATE - A CHALLENGE IN MARRIAGE AND IN LIFE
Marriage is tough. Hardest thing in marriage is to stay faithful to the vows you take on your wedding day. If you don't agree with me, just look at the divorce rate in this country. I wrote several tweets in May of 2010 about the fallacy of "trading the important for the immediate." I was inspired to share this theme because of a sermon I heard at Christian Assembly Church in Eagle Rock, CA on May 2, 2010. The sermon was entitled "Counterfeit Gods, Choosing your Own Adventure." "Choose your own adventure is more than just a cool, retro, and classic series of kids’ books. It actually is the pattern of our lives. In this session, we take a look at 4 snapshots of temptation, how people dealt with their temptation, and what happened as a result. We all get the chance to choose our own adventure, so be prepared to choose wisely."
It's one of the most relevant sermons I've ever heard in my life. The choice of trading the important for the immediate is something that we all face everyday of our life. Relevant biblical scriptures that you can read if you choose to listen to this sermon are:
Exodus 20:3
Genesis 25:29-34
Matthew 4:1-11
Deuteronomy 21:15-17
Genesis 25:5
During the sermon you will hear a very powerful testimony from a married couple. The courage they had to tell their story to their church community cannot be measured. I was touched to the core for many reasons. I hope you find value and internalize the messages that you will hear if you decide to listen to this powerful message.

Comments
Post a Comment