"I'M WATCHING YOU DAD" - A MESSAGE TO PARENTS, COACHES, AND TEACHERS

 I'M WATCHING YOU DAD


Video message about fatherhood that is powerful, humbling, and influential. Video is humbling because I don't always live up to what the kid is saying to his dad.

I have this posted on my wall to remind me how I should communicate with my children:

Healthy Communication
  • Be Honest
  • Walk in Your Child's shoes
  • Talk to Them
  • Be a Role Model
  • Listen to Them
  • Make Yourself Available
  • Don't Get Angry
"What an amazing and loving Father (God) we have! As parents, we must try to model that same empathy to our kids, even in the midst of their disobedience. How? By soliciting their thoughts, feelings, motivations, and insecurities; even as we deliver necessary consequences, and grieving with them over the tough, but necessary lessons of life."

The above thoughts are not solely directed to parents, but to anyone who is in direct contact with children, such as coaches and teachers. Youth coaches and teachers, imagine your players or students repeating the words of the child in the video to you. Nike produced a famous ad with Charles Barkley, entitled "I am not a role model." Barkley's comments were not totally embraced by the general public, but the main point of the ad was that those who have close contact with a child, should be and are their role models. I can't deny that essential point of view. Just remember, "it takes a village to raise a child."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CG's View Of KG (Kevin Garnett) When He Was In High School

Heartbreaker - My view of Chris Herren & ESPN's Documentary, "Unguarded"

That's my Game! Big House on Coach John McLendon - Father of Black College & Fast Break Basketball